Extended Enrichment Program (EEP)
The Academy student’s afternoons are busy with an hour of supervised study hall, or if needed, tutoring, to help them stay on top of their morning studies. That is followed by an hour of elective activities including everything from rock climbing or dance to culinary cooking, 3D modeling, painting or chess. EEP is a requirement for all students.
This mandatory program provides beneficial continuity to the student’s academic studies, with additional opportunities for educational field trips throughout our community (University of Louisville’s Science Technology Engineering and Math Labs, Louisville Water Company, Bernheim Forest, American Printing House for the Blind, Ali/Louisville Slugger Museums).
Summer Program also broadens the minds of our students and educates them on the attributes and needs within the inner city. Social orientation classes are also offered, such as Conflict Resolution and Respectful Attitudes.
The Principal will address questions about the acceptability of dress and reserve the right to make changes to the Dress Code as necessary.
Students shall NOT wear the following while inside the Academy building at any time:
- All shirts must be worn tucked in at all times.
- Students shall wear khaki or black pants. Pants shall be proper fitting and worn with a belt at the waist. Pants shall not sag or hang down.
- Pants shall not be cut or ripped in any way as to accommodate current fashion or footwear.
- Pants may not have extra pockets, loops, or hooks. (Cargo pants / jeans are not acceptable – Dickie’s are acceptable.)
- Pants with elastic/drawstring waist are not acceptable.
- Students shall wear a Nativity Academy gym T-Shirt and shorts for all Phys. Ed classes.
- Students must wear the Nativity Academy polo shirts or white button-up shirts with a tie.
Snow Day Policy
Nativity Academy will follow Jefferson County Catholic Schools
for public announcements regarding weather closings.
Please visit any sites below for closing updates.
- Local TV or Radio Stations
- Phone message at 855-3300
If Jefferson County Catholic Schools are on a delayed schedule, Nativity will begin 2 hours late with breakfast beginning at 9AM, Announcements/Prayer 9:45AM
Anytime schools dismiss to go home early, use your best judgment if you want to pick up your child early, however, we will stay in school until 3:15PM with no Extended Day Programs.