2019-20 Application Materials Now Available
We have extended the application deadline to
March 29th (because of JCPS school closings).
Priority Application Materials Due Date: March 29
Any application materials turned in after March 29
are accepted at the discretion of the administration.
Mandatory Parent/Student interviews scheduled with school secretary
after completed application materials are received.
Mandatory Summer Session:
Applying 5th: June (Dates TBA) 9am-3pm
Applying 6th: June (Dates TBA) 9am-3pm
Applying7th: June (Dates TBA) 9am-3pm
-Entrance Exam administered on Day 2 of Summer Session
-Decision Letters mailed Monday after Summer Session ends
- Do you have a child who will enter grade 5, 6, 7, or 8 in August?
- Do you want to see your child succeed in high school and college?
- Do you want an Academy environment for your child that provides study hall, mentoring and after-class enrichment activities?
- Can you pay a $20 per month activities fee?
- Would your child be successful in small, gender-separate classes with more one-on-one attention from teachers?
If you answer “yes” to these questions, you should consider Nativity Academy. We invite parents, guardians, and students to call any time for a visit (502-855-3300).
Nativity Academy is an independent private middle school in the Catholic tradition to educate urban youth (grades 5-8), that transforms the lives of students who have a commitment to achievement and whose families demonstrate financial need. Nativity gives priority to children who are eligible for the Federal Lunch Program.
The Academy currently serves 74 children of all faiths, from all over Metro Louisville, who desire an academically challenging, personalized, and supportive environment. Over half of Nativity’s 8th grade graduates attend Catholic high schools.
Characteristics of Nativity Academy
- 98% high school graduation rate
- 83% of students go on to post-secondary education (2003-2017)
- Non-tuition-based private education
- 15-0r-less intimate class sizes
- Student role-model behavior
- Fully engaged parents/guardians
- Academic, social, moral and physical development for students
- Faith-based learning modules
- Extended Enrichment Program/extended-year summer program
- Gender-seperate classrooms
- Graduate Support Program
Nativity Academy does not discriminate against qualified applicants on the basis of sex, race, religion, nationality or ethnic origin in any manner whatsoever.
Any form of discrimination is contrary to the philosophy and spirit of Nativity Academy.